We are fast approaching the end of 2011! With Thanksgiving just around the corner, we thought we would take a moment to highlight a few events going on in the Nation’s Oldest City during the Thanksgiving holiday weekend. Whether you plan to visit from out of town or plan to share your city with guests, there is so much to do and see in St. Augustine during the holidays. Below are just a few examples of great events, more information is available on the OldCity.com calendar.
– Nights of Lights Carriage Tour: Step aboard an old-fashioned horse-drawn carriage and enjoy the spectacular light displays of the Oldest City while indulging in a few boutique wines. Brought to you by the Tasting Tours.
– Candlelight Tours of Villa Zorayda: Explore the beautiful Villa Zorayda, decorated for the Holiday season, featuring a Christmas tree in the “Court of Lions”, decorated in the Villa’s traditional red and gold and a beautiful crèche nativity scene that that has been a Villa tradition since the 1930?s. Tours are available on select nights during the holiday season, reservations are recommended.
– Winter Wonderland: Beginning on Saturday, Nov. 26th, the St. AugustineAmphitheatre will be transformed into a winter wonderland complete with ice skating, hot chocolate and nightly snows.
– 46th Annual Holiday Arts & Crafts Festival: One of St. Augustine’s oldest festivals will be revived the weekend after Thanksgiving on the Special Events Field. More than 150 artists from around the country will be represented at thisjuried event, sponsored by the St. Augustine Art Association.
– Uptown Saturday Night: The businesses of North San Marco will come together for their monthly celebration of art and culture on Nov. 26th. Browse antique book collections, galleries and more at this event.