Join us at Fort Matanzas National Monument for the Great Backyard Bird Count: Your Park, Your Planet! Observe and record birds in the park. This is not your average bird walk. We’ll be moving to different areas of the park as a group, setting up our chairs, and staying in one place while recording the birds around us.
Date | Time: Monday, February 19, 2024 | 9:30am-3:00pm
Start at the Visitor Center. Free – no sign-up necessary. Participants are welcome to join at anytime and may depart when they like.
Open to birders of all skill levels.
Be sure to bring water and bug spray. A collapsible chair, hat, and sunglasses are also recommended. And, wear closed-toed shoes. Binoculars will be available to borrow while supplies last.
All participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
This is one of several guided hikes and bird walks being offered Monthly through the end of 2023 and into 2024.
* November 28, 2023, 10:00am–11:30am — Birding by Ear for Beginners
* December 5, 2023, 10:00am–11:30am — Guided Nature Walk
* December 19, 2023, 10:00am–11:30am — Bird Walk
* January 23, 2024, 10:00am–11:30am — Bird Walk
* February 13, 2024, 10:00am–11:30am — Bird Walk
* February 19, 2024, 9:30am-3:00pm — Great Backyard Bird Count
For detailed information about each event, visit https://www.nps.gov/foma/planyourvisit/calendar.htm