Did you hear that? Do you know what bird that was? Join us for Birding by Ear for Beginners at Fort Matanzas National Monument visitor center area. Learn the basics of birding by ear.
Date | Time: Tuesday, November 28, 2023 | 10:00am-11:30am
Free – no sign-up necessary. Be sure to bring water and bug spray. And, wear closed-toed shoes. Binoculars will be available to borrow while supplies last.
All participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
Recommended for beginner birders or those interested in learning how to bird by ear.
This is one of several guided hikes and bird walks being offered Monthly through the end of 2023 and into 2024.
* November 28, 2023, 10:00am–11:30am — Birding by Ear for Beginners
* December 5, 2023, 10:00am–11:30am — Guided Nature Walk
* December 19, 2023, 10:00am–11:30am — Bird Walk
* January 23, 2024, 10:00am–11:30am — Bird Walk
* February 13, 2024, 10:00am–11:30am — Bird Walk
* February 19, 2024, 9:30am-3:00pm — Great Backyard Bird Count
For detailed information about each event, visit https://www.nps.gov/foma/planyourvisit/calendar.htm