Progressive Chowder Debate 2020 – Crawl Style!!!
We’re not letting current conditions stop the annual tradition of the Great Chowder Debate! We’re just putting a different spin on it this year. Won’t you join in?!
Let’s bring business to local restaurants and raise money for Big Brothers Big Sisters of St. Johns County.
Here’s how it works:
* Visit participating restaurants all of November to taste that restaurant’s Chowder entry.
* 4 Competition Categories: Minorcan Conch or Clam, New England Clam, Seafood Chowder and Non-Seafood Chowder
* Sample Chowder by either donating on-site for $2.00 per sample or buy pre-paid Chowder card online (10 samples for $15.00)
* Vote on your favorite to win the People’s Choice Award at $1.00 per vote
* Enter contests for “Most Restaurants Visited” and “Wildest Face Mask”. Be entered in drawing by posting pictures online with #ChowderDebate
Enthusiasts will be able to purchase Special Edition “2020 Progressive Chowder Debate – Crawl Style” t-shirts online.
Winners announced via live stream on the Conch House and BBBS of SJC Facebook pages on Tuesday, December 1, 2020 (time TBA)
Click event website link for all additional information, including participating restaurants (to be added soon). Check with each restaurant for their hours of operation.
ALL proceeds benefit Big Brothers Big Sisters of St. Johns County.