Improv Basics: 6-Week Class for Grown-ups
Throughout this 6-week introduction class, students will explore the basic concepts of improvisation in a warm, safe and supportive environment. The class is designed to build self-confidence and explore creativity using the fundamentals of improvisation. Designed for both actors and non-actors, it will expose students to:
* Being – and reacting – in the moment.
* Accepting and building on gifts from other classmates.
* Embracing – and using – failure.
* Co-creating with others (listening, communicating, giving & taking focus).
* Thriving in an unscripted environment.
Students leave this course will have a working understanding of the basic fundamentals of improvisational theater as well as an increased appreciation, and comfort, with being on stage without a script.
Tuesday, January 21, 2020 through Tuesday, February 25, 2020. All classes are 6:30 – 9:00 p.m. at Limelight Theatre.
Early Bird Registration available through January 14, 2020: $155.00
Regular Registration available January 15 – 20, 2020: $175.00
Got questions? Call 904-825-1164 or email email@example.com. For more information about improv events, click on the event website link.