St. Augustine Nights of Lights Parking
St. Augustine's Nights of Lights display attracts visitors worldwide to enjoy the historic district during the holidays. From November 18th to January 25th, tourists and residents enjoy all that the holiday tradition has to offer and parking is scarce. Consider using the free shuttle service on Saturday nights in December, call a local taxi cab, or ride your bike and park it at one of the bike racks along the bay front. Keep in mind the centralized St. Augustine parking areas will fill up first.
St. Augustine Parking
St. Augustine parking meters and pay stations cost $2.50 per hour, or residents can pay $.50 per hour with a Park Now card. There is a three-hour parking limit on city streets, in city lots there is a four-hour limit. There are a number of pay stations located in central downtown St. Augustine, a few of them are city owned, some of them are privately owned. City owned meters and pay stations display the city crests. Some pay stations are for street parking, and others are for lots. The Historic Downtown Parking Garage costs $15 for entry or $3 with a ParkNow card. It accommodates 1,200 vehicles and there is no time limit for parking.
Meters, Pay Stations, Garage Location, and Free Parking
· One of the largest lots in St. Augustine is the Castillo de San Marcos lot.
· One quarter mile south of the Bridge of Lions, there is a pay station located on Avenida Menendez for parking on the opposite side of the bay front.
· A pay station lot is located behind the Lightner Museum.
· There is street parking on the streets Granada and Cedar.
· Street parking is available on the parts of King Street and Cathedral Place that parallel to the Plaza de la Constitucion.
· On the corner of Charlotte Street and Treasury Street there is a pay station lot.
· Grace Lot is on Charlotte Street next to restaurant La Pentola.
· In between streets Hyptolia and Cuna is Toques Place Lot.
· Historic Downtown Parking Facility is located at 1 Cordova St, St Augustine, FL 32084.
· On Sundays and holidays meters and pay stations, marked by the city crest, are free.
· Before 5:00am and after 5:00pm, city meters and pay stations are free.
· You must have the proper car tag to park in an area marked as residential. Before 7:00am and after 7:00pm you may park here free of charge and do not need a tag.
St. Augustine is proud to be a bicycle-friendly city.
Bicycle Rack Locations
· Several bike stations are located along the bay front, north and south of the Bridge of Lions.
· At the Visitor Center, when you enter from San Marco Ave.
· At the southeast corner of the Historic Downtown Parking Facility.
· At the corner of Orange Street and St. George Street.
· Inside of the Toques Place Lot.
· Across from Lewis Auditorium on Granada Street.
Free Park & Ride Shuttle Information
Utilize the free park & ride shuttle information and don't worry about St. Augustine parking troubles. Tour the Nights of Lights while the shuttle service is running, on a holiday, or during certain hours and park free of charge.
Free Park & Ride Shuttle
· One pick-up location is the St. Johns County Health Department at 200 Sebastian View Way.
· The second pick-up location is the North San Marco lot at 301 San Marco Ave.
· The shuttle service will drop-off passengers downtown at the Visitor Information Center.
· Shuttles will run from 1:00pm to 11:00pm, approximately every 15-20 minutes on the following days:
Saturday, November 18, 2017
Friday, November 24, 2017
Saturday, November 25, 2017
Saturdays in December; 2, 9, 16, 23, and 30.
If you have any questions about the St. Augustine Shuttle Service please call (904) 209-4211 or send an email to the following address: Mobility@CityStAug.com
St. Augustine Taxis
Calling a local taxi or Uber during Nights of Lights is ideal for a number of reasons. Instead of driving in circles for a parking place, a taxi can conveniently drop you off at your destination. You also pay a flat fee with a cab and don't have to worry about feeding the meter or watching the clock. Most importantly, Nights of Lights is a time to celebrate the holidays! While enjoying St. Augustine's light display you may want to share a bottle of wine over a romantic dinner or join a pub-crawl tour. Driving your vehicle limits activity options, and if you are parked in a meter or pay station area, it also limits the amount of time you have. Taxis and Uber exist in St. Augustine but Lyft does not.