Throughout Level 1: Improv Basics, an 8-week class for grown-ups, students will explore the basic concepts of improvisation in a warm, safe and supportive environment. The class is designed to build self-confidence and explore creativity using the fundamentals of improvisation. Designed for both actors and non-actors, it will expose students to:
* Being – and reacting — in the moment.
* Accepting and building on gifts from other classmates.
* Embracing – and using — failure.
* Co-creating with others (listening, communicating, giving & taking focus).
* Thriving in an unscripted environment.
Students leaving this course will have a working understanding of the basic fundamentals of improvisational theater as well as an increased appreciation, and comfort, with being on stage without a script.
Wednesdays, May 3-June 21, 2017
$105 though April 26th
$125 April 27th – May 2nd
Registration is open through May 2nd. Please click on the event website link to register.