During the 8-week course of Improv Basics, students will explore the basic concepts of improvisation in a warm, safe, and supportive environment. The class is designed to build self-confidence and explore creativity using the fundamentals of improvisation. Created for both actors and non-actors, the class will expose students to:
· Being — and reacting — in the moment.
· Accepting and building on gifts from other classmates.
· Embracing — and using — failure.
· Co-creating with others (listening, communicating, giving and taking focus).
· Thriving in an unscripted environment.
Students leaving this course will have a working understanding of the basic fundamentals of improvisational theater as well as an increased appreciation, and comfort, with being on stage – and in life – without a script.
Call 904-825-1164 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to register in advance or click on the event website link. There will be no class on October 31st.